Login

TOPIC: Game mechanics question...

Game mechanics question... 4 months 2 days ago #16691

Hey all - anybody know if all combat skills take the same amount of real time to “execute” (cause the effect/play animation/etc.)? If so, what is the “global cooldown” for combat skills? That is, how soon after one skill is executed can another be executed…..and is that amount of time the same for all combat skills?
You must log in to post or reply.

Game mechanics question... 4 months 2 days ago #16694

• Niph
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 30
Having tried all combat skills, it seems the global cooldown is the same for all, approximately one second.

Game mechanics question... 4 months 2 days ago #16695

• FURY
  • Premium Member
  • ING: KingFury
  • Thank you received: 64
Suboptimal wrote:
Hey all - anybody know if all combat skills take the same amount of real time to “execute” (cause the effect/play animation/etc.)? If so, what is the “global cooldown” for combat skills? That is, how soon after one skill is executed can another be executed…..and is that amount of time the same for all combat skills?

Completely unscientific answer: NOPE.

Knowledgeable but still unscientific: The different abilities in the sword skill take different times. Some have different animations that take slightly longer to execute, so it takes slightly longer to que the next attack. The difference isn't big, maybe .2-.4 seconds but its there, pretty sure.... played WAYY to-many hours with Sword so even if it is the same... it definitely feels longer.

There may be a independent 'global cooldown' as you put it but it would be offset by a specific abilities animation. Really, the only one that could tell you if there is one, right now, is Citan. As the ability que time + animation time + skill travel time, muddies the water too much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Suboptimal

Game mechanics question... 4 months 1 day ago #16704

Hey Fury, thanks for the info....I kind of noticed the same thing and I agree with you - it seems to be minimal, but definitely there. I'm guessing that it's due to the animations, but it would nice to get a confirmation. I don't know how closely Citan follows these forum posts, but I'll try to ask srand in-game and will post his answer here.

Game mechanics question... 4 weeks 2 days ago #17752

• Dyansha
  • Thank you received: 1
I believe I read in a dev blog that global cooldown is 1.3 seconds. I can't find it now though.

Game mechanics question... 2 weeks 3 days ago #17903

• Extractum11
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Dyansha wrote:
I believe I read in a dev blog that global cooldown is 1.3 seconds. I can't find it now though.

Yep, projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/dev-notes-october-3

(Will these blog posts be copied to the new forum?)

Screenshots