Login

TOPIC: Developer Info Round-Up

Developer Info Round-Up 6 months 1 week ago #16132

• Citan
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 785
Discuss the new blog post here! If there are questions or concerns please ask away.

For brevity's sake, this is about 1/10th of all the actual things I've talked about on the forums... and even the things that are covered are just summarized, not covered in detail. So if something sounds wrong or scary, it's quite possibly because we left out contextual info that you need. So I'll edit the post as necessary over the next few days.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Citan.
You must log in to post or reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lyra, Aenra, Thurstay, Khaylara, Tannin, shamesz, Varnoc, pilotfisherman, phalaeo

Developer Info Round-Up 6 months 1 week ago #16133

• shamesz
  • Thank you received: 1
Do you intend to hire more people to help with the project?

I didn't see anything in the blog post about that topic.

Thanks.

Developer Info Round-Up 6 months 1 week ago #16134

• Khaylara
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
"As an example, you'll be able to access all the storage-boxes in a city from one place. These sorts of convenience features are postponed until the new GUI is finished.

There will be more inventory pack space.

... and more convenient ways to organize your items into bags."

That's very good news. The mounts are good news too although personally I would've preferred a mantis or a snail as mounts just cause it's PG.

With the risk of sounding shallow :lol: are there any plans related to the character customization before launch? Not only the characters themselves but also the way some gear looks..like lobe hats.
This was actually a serious question.

Another question - will the Teleport skill get a rework in the near future? Or mounts will make it obsolete.

Thanks!

P.S. Slightly off topic. When you say that "many" older players are OP, I can think of only 4-5, active ones that is. Many long term players took long breaks from PG and are slightly left behind. Others like myself are more casual and don't try to be OP. Also some of the OP players offer regular and valuable feedback. I think them offering accurate data (even if their gear is insane) is better than a lazy casual like me who doesn't contribute much in that department. Overall I have to say I can't think of more than 4-5 OP players and 2 of them aren't older players but people who play a lot and very consistently.
What would be OP from your point of view? People who simply have the craft level to tweak their gear a lot or people who abuse some bugs/flaws/unbalanced treasure effects? Imo the first category will always exist even if you were to do a full server wipe. That kind of gear is obtainable ingame so people are going to make a goal of it.
*you eat what you kill* (Riddick booming voice)

Developer Info Round-Up 6 months 1 week ago #16135

• Silvonis
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 208
shamesz wrote:
Do you intend to hire more people to help with the project?

I didn't see anything in the blog post about that topic.

Thanks.

We have multiple people on the team, and we hire on a contract "per project" basis. If you're asking whether we will be hiring full time, it'll depend on funding and other factors.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Silvonis.

Developer Info Round-Up 6 months 1 week ago #16136

• Silvonis
  • Administrator
@Khaylara: We are starting with a horse mount, but you never know what mounts we will see in the future! As for character customization, yes there will be more options for character customization. As for the last question, there are many players who've obtained currency and loot through unintended game mechanics and players are essentially twinking out their characters because they view the current level cap as max level and are stacking their characters. Once the game has been released, most players won't have stacked gear at this level as they will be moving through at the normal rate of progression.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khaylara

Developer Info Round-Up 6 months 1 week ago #16137

• drivendawn
  • Thank you received: 6
I am just would like to know when Bard is coming if possible? Even if its a round about time answer. :)

Developer Info Round-Up 6 months 1 week ago #16138

• Silvonis
  • Administrator
drivendawn wrote:
I am just would like to know when Bard is coming if possible? Even if its a round about time answer. :)

Bard is coming, but not for a while. It won't be out for at least a few months.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drivendawn

Developer Info Round-Up 6 months 1 week ago #16139

• Raviollius
  • Thank you received: 16
Most of things included in the blog post I had already read in my forum searches, but it's good to have everything rounded up like this so we don't have to explain it over and over to people. That said, there is stuff in there I wasn't aware of...
In particular, we will be wiping items and money, but we won't be wiping most skill levels.
This should change my priorities from now on, and I believe many other player's as well. I expected the money/moneymaking skills(mostly crafting) wipe, but losing all items on launch is news to me. I can understand the reasoning though.

So, first question: is Favor going to be wiped as well? This statement just made money/items plummet in relative value, so I expect people to eventually invest it in NPCs to make their life just a bit easier before launch.

Experience has taught me to not trust devs' words on expansion packs/DLC, so I guess we'll see what happens as they come. They are still ways off anyway.
the more big nerfs I can get done before the game is on Steam Early Access, the better!
Called it :P
But there will be 50+ synergy levels available for each skill
Now this is something I didn't see coming. It means that reaching the skill cap will be easier than we thought... I have some hope for the specialization skills though.
Food and drink are expected to be used by every player.
I remember how it was said in the AFK thread that one way to deal with the music bonus was to balance the game around the player always having it, or having it be irrelevant. I find the same problem applies to food/drinks. I dislike the current system, but that's probably because 95% of my playtime was done before the combat power changes. Still have to properly adapt.
Spawners will be smarter.
I'm interested in this and how it'll be balanced vs. zerging content and enjoying even more loot because of the increased number of mobs.
The additional races are orcs, fairies, and dwarves.(...)There will be bards. And vampires. And mail birds. Weather Witches. Two more animal curse forms before the game launches...
Please add a skeleton form, please add a skeleton form, please add a skeleton form... :whistle:
Skill-Specific Details
Second question: Not all combat skills are going to have a way to trigger combat refresh? I'm thinking about Animal Handling here, which currently can't be used as "main skill" because of it(among other reasons), and doesn't bring enough utility to be used as a secondary, compared to almost anything else, either.

On that note, are there any plans to change belt combinations in the future? I know that their use changed so this isn't as big an issue as it was before, but each skill has a limited number of belt combinations, and to have these "slots" used by stuff that doesn't actually compliment each other(like Archery/Sword) is annoying.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Raviollius. Reason: Grammar

Developer Info Round-Up 6 months 1 week ago #16140

• FURY
  • Premium Member
  • ING: KingFury
  • Thank you received: 64
Raviollius wrote:
Second question: Not all combat skills are going to have a way to trigger combat refresh? I'm thinking about Animal Handling here, which currently can't be used as "main skill" because of it(among other reasons), and doesn't bring enough utility to be used as a secondary, compared to almost anything else, either.

And Battle Chem, And Psych, and Shield, these all seem to be 'secondary' skills, so it may be intentional.

Developer Info Round-Up 6 months 1 week ago #16141

• Varnoc
  • Thank you received: 21
Please add a skeleton form, please add a skeleton form, please add a skeleton form... :whistle:

I second this, though the implications would be interesting in regard to NPCs. How would townsfolk react? Maybe you could pull something like Spiders do to give yourself the illusion of being human.

It would be interesting to take on the traits of Skeletons if you did this, Vulnerable to crushing but resistant to trauma, slashing, piercing, and completely immune to darkness. (Up yours, Face of Death).

I'd imagine it would be a permanent thing like Druidism, but I really dig the idea of it. (Also, would you count towards the "undead" for the purposes of skills like Heal/Rebuild/Provoke Undead? That would be neat.)

Screenshots