Login

TOPIC: Food Changes

Food Changes 2 months 2 weeks ago #17204

• Observer
  • Thank you received: 2
While the changes to the "need" for food and drink have been successful in that a player really needs to eat more to explore and encounter mobs. Unfortunately, this results in the need to either garden much more or buy more food (assuming any is available at vendors).

While gardening can be rewarding, having to continually grow food just to explore dungeons becomes tedious. And buying food is not always an option. Neither of these situations is new user friendly either.

I am not complaining so much asking what other people think, but i do think something needs to be fixed. Perhaps the duration of food can be extended, or more vendor food available (instead of used tab) at a lower cost, etc.

There are many ways to improve things I think. But perhaps others think the situation is fine.
You must log in to post or reply.

Food Changes 2 months 2 weeks ago #17205

• Varnoc
  • Thank you received: 21
I have to say that I agree somewhat. The fact that food is mandatory now isn't so bad in my opinion, but the production of any sensible amount of food is tedious if it requires any kind of vegetable to create.

Perhaps having them drop from critters in the wild fully grown (like a single onion or potato or w/e) would assauge this? You'd need to allot inventory space for these things, but it would let you return to town and craft more food without needing to hit the garden (which, even though I've fully leveled, I hate doing for any length of time). Those that wish to mass produce food to sell may still do so, but vegetables dropping in this manner would go quite a ways to easing this while encouraging food consumption as Citan desires.

Food Changes 2 months 2 weeks ago #17206

• IanDeanBurns
  • Thank you received: 1
I find there is enough food that is very easy find ingredients that I don't spend any time gardening and hunting food from monster drops. My favorite is sausage, a level 15 (so super high, but decent enough for most situations) food that requires pork and venison. I just kill a couple pigs and deer on the way to the dungeon and I'm good for a few hours. No problem there.

Food Changes 2 months 2 weeks ago #17207

• Crissa
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I've found it annoying, too, but so far finding food has not been a serious problem.

It would be nice if ala WoW if we hung out in the Inns or something our food buffs wouldn't tick down. Nothing more annoying than going through food because you're trying to trade/chat with other players.

Maybe gathering points could have a short every-thirty second area buff like music does which would keep players satiated? It would give us places to gather while not burning out our buffs.

Food Changes 2 months 2 weeks ago #17209

• Varnoc
  • Thank you received: 21
I really like the idea of the Inn extending the duration of the food buffs, it would make it a natural gathering point without really forcing it on us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crissa

Food Changes 2 months 2 weeks ago #17210

• Zirker
a tip I can give is to eat the stew in hogan's keep, free and delicious!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crissa

Food Changes 2 months 2 weeks ago #17211

• Observer
If it was possible to make food on the way to a dungeon would be an improvement. But right now you have to kill the deers and pigs, then go back to the closest stove and make the dish (assuming veggies needed). Then turn around and go to the dungeon.

In some cases the location of the dungeon lends itself to the method you describe but in many cases not. And if a spur of the moment dungeon run comes up, which happens often. You might not have food for it.

Food Changes 2 months 2 weeks ago #17212

• Crissa
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Observer wrote:
If it was possible to make food on the way to a dungeon... In some cases the location of the dungeon lends itself to the method you describe but in many cases not. And if a spur of the moment dungeon run comes up, which happens often. You might not have food for it.
That just seems like bad planning on your part to go to a dungeon alone, without equipment.

I know it's a pain to stock up on consumables, but really. It's a virtual world with a little virtual upkeep. Turn your dungeon drops into food before you go to bed the night before. Remember not to go to the dungeon without your first aid kits and such.

Food Changes 2 months 2 weeks ago #17213

• Observer
Crissa wrote:
Observer wrote:
That just seems like bad planning on your part to go to a dungeon alone, without equipment.

I know it's a pain to stock up on consumables, but really. It's a virtual world with a little virtual upkeep. Turn your dungeon drops into food before you go to bed the night before. Remember not to go to the dungeon without your first aid kits and such.

But I do stock up. And that is the question as you say it can be a pain to stock up on consumables, made even more necessary with the recent changes. And how new user friendly this is.

Also I am really just talking about the food portion things needed for dungeon runs, first aid kits and such do not really apply.

Food Changes 2 months 2 weeks ago #17214

• IanDeanBurns
But in order for the in-game economy to work, there must be a steady supply of money-sinks or player's bank accounts will just continue to overflow and inflation will kill off any chance new players have of competing.

That being said, it might not be a bad idea to have a couple purchasable sources of level 0 meals, but no more than that.

Screenshots