Login

TOPIC: Fondest memories of Gorgon in 2016

Fondest memories of Gorgon in 2016 2 months 3 weeks ago #17850

• Monger
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 98
So, as we roll up to a close on 2016, I thought anyone who might be forum lurking while waiting for midnight may want to post their fondest memory from PG this year and maybe one thing that you hope to see in the coming 2017?

Soooo, here's mine:

Coolest thing that happened this year:
Having an item added in-game to commemorate one of the most idiotic and reckless test plans I'd ever come up with to play with game mechanics in alpha. I still shudder sometimes thinking about ever being hit with that slimed legs curse again.

I would say that as a gamer and an avid mmo player, this will remain one of the coolest things to happen to me this decade. I'm still humbled and honored by it. Thank you PG team.

Also, I had a lot of fun making a few videos earlier this year.
()

So what am I looking forward to in the coming year? Hopefully Valentines day will come about with a love story quest for a certain cow in Sun Vale and another in Elt...heh.
You must log in to post or reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notus, Extractum11, srand, Mercee, Tigerwyld

Fondest memories of Gorgon in 2016 2 months 3 weeks ago #17851

• PapaLegba
  • Thank you received: 10
Using you as a death ray decoy comes to mind.

PapaLegba

Fondest memories of Gorgon in 2016 2 months 3 weeks ago #17852

• Crissa
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I finally got Jab!

...So I'll stop annoying people with my search for it, although newbies will probably be sad to know their runs won't automatically have my barrage backup ^-^

Fondest memories of Gorgon in 2016 2 months 3 weeks ago #17860

• Monger
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 98
PapaLegba wrote:
Using you as a death ray decoy comes to mind.

PapaLegba

Hah, I've yet to forget the terror of THAT run!
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Monger.

Fondest memories of Gorgon in 2016 2 months 3 weeks ago #17864

• Roekai
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
i noticed there were no shots of roekai in that video you made. you might want to splice some reaction shots of roekai in there.
Heroes get remembered, but Legends never die.

Fondest memories of Gorgon in 2016 2 months 2 weeks ago #17898

• Tigerwyld
  • Thank you received: 11
This thread hasn't gotten as much love as i think it deservers... I can't really compete with Monger... But........

My fondest memory of 2016 comes from.. .... well- it's a long story kids. Many of you dont know- but most of us do remember: Black Tuesday. Thats my name for it... but pull up a mug of ale an listen...
Twas a Tuesday in February.. I know, because at the time I was off on Wed/Thurs.. there would appear some chests.. ...chests that could be endlessly looted. no one can tell who knew and who didnt..
...but before these chests appeared..
I showed up. My first week in PG. oh those first two nights, i had no dea how to chat even with people... ..on my third night; Monday = I would figure it out. I won't forget the names of Khaylara and Hoxard. I had finally found the new big city.. .. Khay would NOT tell me where anything was.. ..but she gave good hints.
Hoxard.. ...I still have the staff he created for me. That mondayk night was probably the best night i've ever spent online... ..from WoW till now...

Then came Black tuesday. I would log in.. and find them gone. all of them. EVERY one of the peopleI had chatted with the night before.. ...the last thing I told Hox was "don wory, i'll see you again tomorrow" .... GONE
At the moment I was literally alone and pssesd. Devs I had no understanding of had ruined my world.. ...I was moments from quitting and deleting PG.
but - i needed to know what happened. Through several forum/msgs/game whatnots... I would learn a name. Eric. and what that name meant. I've read the posts; I agree with what happened that night...
but at that moment, I was no longer a "player".. ...Eric was a real man, with real hopes and real dreams. dreams laid out in front of me. He drew a line where he had to; not because he wanted to or it made him feel big.. ..but - because like he said "I had to draw a line"
He's paying us to test his game.. ...we're not paid money, but in fun.

That night is my fondest memory. Black Tuesday. The night i logged in and everyone was gone. Thats when I was lost and confused the most - - and the players picked me back up. There are tears in my eyes as I write this. I had forgotten that night... ... I still have Hoxards staff... ... its legacy now but i dont care.. .. that one night was the best damn night in a game i've ever felt.. that next day hurt so much.. ......what kind of community can overcome something like that? I knew no one... ...the few I knew were gone.. ...yet....there was a community to pick me up.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Tigerwyld.
The following user(s) said Thank You: srand

Fondest memories of Gorgon in 2016 2 months 2 weeks ago #17899

• Khaylara
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
Darn Carmen! (I wasn't banned that day btw but I still have a bitter taste after losing Piss and Hoxard and others, still think it was too harsh, we lost a lot of good people who made one mistake that day). From that day I have only unpleasant memories. And most of old m8s stopped playing so bbye 2016, good riddance, I hope everyone comes back in 2017.

The fun ones-the parties we had in Serbule, some odd short term players who entertained me to no end...I laughed for half an hour straight when a player told Silvonis to get lost, I was in tears that's how hard I loled. Chef Carmen drunk 'splaining us about bad customers and the proper way to cook things...getting the speech impediment curses and talking like Yoda for few weeks...new content and finally becoming less antisocial and joining a guild. And pig and cow hats!! Seeing a pig with a viking helm was probably my 2015 highlight. :lol:
*you eat what you kill* (Riddick booming voice)

Fondest memories of Gorgon in 2016 2 months 2 weeks ago #17908

• Crissa
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I was surprised at some of those that Tuesday...

...And had Eric not found that line, I wouldn't have come back.

Not sure it was a fond memory, but it did mean I put PG on my task bar.

Fondest memories of Gorgon in 2016 2 months 2 weeks ago #17910

• Roekai
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
i like the part of 2016 when roekai starting playing again. i hear hes great.
Heroes get remembered, but Legends never die.

Screenshots