Login

TOPIC: (Kinda) New Guy's Question Barrage!: Future Plans and When Is Steam?

(Kinda) New Guy's Question Barrage!: Future Plans and When Is Steam? 4 months 2 weeks ago #17238

• NoxTenebris
  • Thank you received: 1
So, is their anywhere to look at what exactly the Dev's plan is for this game? Like their mission statement? How far in development do they consider themselves right now? I'm wondering stuff like: Do they plan on adding more animals? More races? More customization? Better graphics? More skills? Different mechanics? More zones? Seamless open world (no loading screens)? Stuff like that.

Also, I was wondering if their was an estimate (or something confirmed) as to when Project Gorgon will appear on steam (as that will probs bring in lots of new players). And on that note, how alive is the game currently? Are there very many active players in the game? This is more of an early access hidden gem, so I don't expect hundreds of thousands to be playing, lol. But is chat active? The forum seem decently active (eh). Will I constantly be running into other players in the game (you know, like an "Massively Multiplayer" Online Role-Playing Game)? Also how many vets are active? Like players that continue to play the game for months and months?

Whew, sorry barrage of questions. Please feel free to answer as many or as few as you guys want. Thanks for your time.
You must log in to post or reply.

(Kinda) New Guy's Question Barrage!: Future Plans and When Is Steam? 4 months 2 weeks ago #17241

• Silvonis
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 208
Welcome aboard! A great place to start is here. That will give you a great primer and answer many of your questions.

As a general response, we are in Alpha and as such you can expect that a lot will change as we move forward. However, we won't have a seamless openworld as far as loading screens are concerned but we don't have instancing either. As for Steam, we don't have an eta to share at this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NoxTenebris

(Kinda) New Guy's Question Barrage!: Future Plans and When Is Steam? 4 months 2 weeks ago #17243

• NoxTenebris
  • Thank you received: 1
Awesome, so I took a look at it and from what I can tell, the main thing is to wait for the new GUI. Do you know how long that will be? Also, considering we are now 10 months late from the initial steam release does this mean that we can expect a steam release some time soon? Meaning that the foundations are set and beta would be rolling? If "mums the word", I get it :P.

Though, I am really curious about the vampire thing, is there anyway you could explain that a bit? I happen to love vampires. Could we turn into bats (lol)? I'm guessing drain abilities. So uh, bat form meets necromancy? And, would it be possible to be both a lycanthrop and a vampire, or are we doing this Skyrim style and choosing one or the other? Thanks for any answers you may come up with... Or any that you can't say anything about ;)

*Edit* I was looking on Indiegogo and the estimated time for delivery of ranks was December 2017. Now does this refer to in a month or in a year (sometimes companies refer to December 2016 as December 2017?). Is this a hint of a steam early access release in a month? Or an approximation of a steam release in more than a year?
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by NoxTenebris.

(Kinda) New Guy's Question Barrage!: Future Plans and When Is Steam? 4 months 2 weeks ago #17246

• Khaylara
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
It's in the dev blog, december 2017 (a year from now) is the ETA for the actual release. Which is different from Steam release which is an early access one.

The Steam release is meant to mark the transition from alpha to beta stage. I'm not sure for how long you've played but this last update brought a complete overhaul of the combat system and the treasure effects on gear. As expected, it will need a lot of bug fixing to be actually playable. On top of that the new user interface has to be implemented before an early Steam release.

I'm not sure why players keep asking for the Steam release anyway, it's obvious that in this stage it's just not ready to be launched and charged for. :blink:
*you eat what you kill* (Riddick booming voice)