Login

TOPIC: Favor and diminishing returns on gifted items?

Favor and diminishing returns on gifted items? 2 months 3 weeks ago #17815

• grumpygamer
  • Thank you received: 3
Does the favor you gain from gifting items decrease as you increase the relationship level with an NPC?

I haven't been tracking the exact favor received for my items but it seemed to be that as I became friends or close friends the quality of items had to be better for favor. However, I'm wondering if this was just all in my head.

Thanks,
G
You must log in to post or reply.

Favor and diminishing returns on gifted items? 2 months 3 weeks ago #17819

• Khaylara
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
I think it's because the closer you get to an NPC the more favor is required for the next favor level. Not exact numbers but let's say to get to friends you need 100 favor and to get from Like Family to soulmate you need 900 favor. Assuming you gift an item that's worth say 50 favor you'll need to gift only 2 to get the first level of favor and 18 to get the last one.
I suck at explaining things...

I'm not a fan of consulting spoilers on wiki but when it comes to NPCs I recommend it. Example /wiki Fainor. If you check the hints it even shows what items they like most and how much favor these gifts will worth.

PS I might be dead wrong, I haven't checked every item i gifted. In case I misunderstood the topic I think the same item CAN give you different favor from an NPC to another (i.e. a silver coin might worth more favor from an NPC who "loves" antiques than from one who "likes" antiques).
*you eat what you kill* (Riddick booming voice)
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Khaylara.

Favor and diminishing returns on gifted items? 2 months 3 weeks ago #17824

• grumpygamer
Thank you... And I avoid spoiling content as much as possible as well but do consult the wiki as needed...

I was simply wondering... For example, if I give bacon to Joeh for favor at neutral, do I get more favor at neutral than when I am close friends with him?

I'm paying attention more and favor seems stable/consistent for items across favor levels for a specific NPC.

Favor and diminishing returns on gifted items? 2 months 2 weeks ago #17831

• Niph
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 30
As far as I can tell, for every NPC the favor you get from giving them an item is always the same, regardless of your current favor level with that NPC.

Favor and diminishing returns on gifted items? 2 months 2 weeks ago #17833

• Khaylara
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
What Niph said but it feels they're worth less when you work through gaining 700 or 900 favor (that's what I was trying to say before lol but I do suck at explaining)
*you eat what you kill* (Riddick booming voice)

Favor and diminishing returns on gifted items? 2 months 2 weeks ago #17835

• grumpygamer
I got what you were saying - no suckage. :P I've given Joeh enough bacon now to see it's consistent.