Login

TOPIC: Returning player needs help

Returning player needs help 1 month 2 weeks ago #17880

I've been gone for some time, maybe a year. Not sure....wow.... Finally I'm not needing to work two jobs any more, so I have time to play.
My question is this: Should I try to pick up my previous characters and use them, or have things changed so much that it would make more sense to start over with new ones?
You must log in to post or reply.

Returning player needs help 1 month 2 weeks ago #17881

• FURY
  • Premium Member
  • ING: KingFury
  • Thank you received: 64
Welcome back!

I would say, that you could go and make a new character to relearn the new stuff(we have a new newb area now). It would probably make picking up/learning the stuff more linear. Then go back to your older character after a bit when you think you have it down. Or stick with the new character, depending on what level you were as most(if not all) of your equipment is probably legacied by now. But if you have lots of skills leveled up it may be worth keeping on the older character. You could even just take the old character to the isle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HairyEyeball

Returning player needs help 1 month 2 weeks ago #17883

Thanks. That makes sense. I don't think I was all that high level (I'd just begun working in the "second" zone you port to. I was able to solo the graveyard dungeon, most of the way and the fungus dungeon was still difficult and deadly much of the time.)
I'm still downloading the game, seems it got uninstalled somehow too.
As for the Isle - no idea what that is. New starter zone perhaps? Either way, your suggestion of starting a new character to a feel for the changes makes a lot of sense. Think I'll do that then see how things go.

Returning player needs help 1 month 2 weeks ago #17884

• Khaylara
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
The island is the new starter zone, yes :) You have a lot to explore, welcome back
*you eat what you kill* (Riddick booming voice)