Login

TOPIC: Video Card Driver Crashing (Including Kur) - Troubleshooting

Video Card Driver Crashing (Including Kur) - Troubleshooting 5 months 4 days ago #16185

• Silvonis
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 208
This thread is experimental and is intended for those who are experiencing graphics card crashes in the Kur region of Project: Gorgon. Please consolidate your posts here instead of posting them in various threads throughout the forums. This troubleshooting should only be attempted once you've followed the general troubleshooting guide stuck to the top of this section of the forums.

Possible Solution #1

Special Thanks to EasyLivin & Khaylara for confirming.

Step 1) In Project: Gorgon go to setting and un-check Auto-Adjust Quality Level.

Step 2) Go to advanced overrides, check the water quality box and move the scroll bar to 1 or 2.

If you continue to crash, after attempting Possible Solution #1, click the spoiler tag below to view additional possible solutions.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 5 months 3 days ago by Silvonis.
You must log in to post or reply.

Kur Graphics Card Driver Crashing Troubleshooting 5 months 4 days ago #16186

• Silvonis
  • Administrator
UPDATE: It has been confirmed by numerous players that Possible Solution #1 has resolved their issue.

Please reply to this thread if any of the solutions work for you, thanks!
Last Edit: 5 months 3 days ago by Silvonis.

Awful performance/crashes since latest patch 5 months 4 days ago #16187

• Cratoh
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Hi there,

Since the patch I've been having numerous problems.

1. More crashes to desktop from driver display/unable to access graphic issue. In Kur and Serbule. Haven't been able to get anywhere else to try.

2. Steady crash when zoning to Kur. Unable to participate in Kur druid event, use trainers, storage or any of the other zone features.

3. After managing to get into Kur through the reset etc, having super low FPS - like 3, then CTD only remedied by /unstickchar

4. FPS in Serbule town spiking down to 15, unplayable in town. Go outside gets back to 50 - but if going in water drops instantly to 3 FPS. Numerous CTD in Serbule area.

I'm not sure how to send a crash file, but if someone cares to explain here I will.

Awful performance/crashes since latest patch 5 months 4 days ago #16188

• Silvonis
  • Administrator
Do you happen to have an integrated graphics card onboard in addition to your dedicated card? If so, check out this thread projectgorgon.com/forum/support/3125-kur...hing-troubleshooting.
Last Edit: 5 months 4 days ago by Silvonis.

Kur Graphics Card Driver Crashing Troubleshooting 5 months 4 days ago #16189

• Cratoh
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
ok so I have no idea what any of this means. Maybe. Nvidia is a gfx card right? So if mine is an old AMD 5700 from a long time ago, that is on legacy drivers - this doesn't apply?

Also Silvonis, thanks for this - a fe weeks ago I posted about crashes, and you gave me some advice about changing some settings, which I did and now when I CTD I get a different message, simply that the game has been prevented from accessing gfx options, can you illuminate any of this please?

Also, I need to know how to send crash logs to help with this.

Thanks.

Edited to add - I just went to pc settings and my card has the best drivers for the card according to Win 10. My card is an AMD Radeon 5700 series - do I need to just get a new card? If so can anyone recommend me one please, mid range budget thanks.

Also - Quote - "Note: For ATI/AMD graphics cards the process varies. Open the control center in the same way as above. You may need to open graphics then PowerPlay and set plugged in and/or battery to maximize performance. You can also try going to graphics then 3D and move the slider to performance. Your computer may also have a switchable graphics tab where you can change the settings for individual programs."

I can't seem to find the 3D settings or powerplay or any of this in Win 10. I don't seem to be able to access graphics anywhere.
Last Edit: 5 months 4 days ago by Cratoh.

Kur Graphics Card Driver Crashing Troubleshooting 5 months 4 days ago #16190

• Khaylara
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
Call me stupid but I don't have the option to select my preferred graphic processor in the drop list.

@Fin/Cratoh what he means is that some of us have a dedicated video card and also an on-board one and that one might cause the error. I have both.

Since we found an empirical solution by testing ingame I haven't crashed. Setting the water effect to a value above zero in the Advanced Overrides seems to solve the problem. Cause I haven't crashed since doing that I can't see if this works (even if I find that preferred graphic processor option).

And HoN Silvonis?! :lol:

edit-there's definitely no option to select the graphic processor :unsure:
If you want to try this? projectgorgon.com/forum/general-gorgon-d...ur-is-killing-people (for Finbarr)

I keep editing, I logged briefly to do one more check, I took the boat from Rahu to Kur and still no crash. It's incredibly laggy but I didn't crash once after setting the water effect value to 1 instead of the default 0.
*you eat what you kill* (Riddick booming voice)
Last Edit: 5 months 4 days ago by Khaylara.

Kur Graphics Card Driver Crashing Troubleshooting 5 months 4 days ago #16192

• Silvonis
  • Administrator
Khaylara wrote:
And HoN Silvonis?! :lol:

It's just a generic screenshot, lol. On a serious note: I have updated the possible solutions - thanks for pointing out that the water settings workaround is working for you and others. I am looking into the integrated graphics card issue as there is likely more than one issue causing the crashing issues.

Kur Graphics Card Driver Crashing Troubleshooting 5 months 4 days ago #16193

• Khaylara
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
From what I know it worked for myself and EasyLivin (he tested by elimination) and I believe 2 others tried successfully too. Hope it's a fix for everyone at least a temporary one till it's sorted out
*you eat what you kill* (Riddick booming voice)
Last Edit: 5 months 4 days ago by Khaylara.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Niph

Kur Graphics Card Driver Crashing Troubleshooting 5 months 3 days ago #16195

• HafterMD
Xperi her. I have the same card and the same problem as Cratoh. No onboard intel processor that I know of to shut off. If I could ever find the crash folder I would forward it on
Last Edit: 5 months 3 days ago by HafterMD.

Video Card Driver Crashing (Including Kur) - Troubleshooting 5 months 3 days ago #16196

• Niph
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 30
Integrated AMD Radeon HD 7670M

Quality: fastest, no auto adjust, no brighter world, 1680x1050, windowed. Overrides: Target Framerate=20, Camera Far Clip Plane=3000, Entity Animation Distance Multiplier=10.

Water Quality=0 -> crash
Water Quality=1 -> no crash :woohoo: