Login

TOPIC: Suggestions/Review

Suggestions/Review 1 month 3 weeks ago #17800

• Lovejoyks
I've played for several days now and I have enjoyed myself. I've reached lvl 20 sword skill and lvl 15 archery and some other things. Here is my review/suggestions in no order.

The map. For me, whether figuring out how to use it or broken, was terrible. The map would pop up, my arrow might be there it might not. If I moved my character in the game, the arrow would spin around the map. I never knew truly where I was. My suggestion for this is to have a map with coordinates on it for the zone you're in. I would suggest to have a little radar to show different things on it as well as coordinates.

Quests: Getting quests and the back story to these can be fun to read. However trying to locate where to go seemed to go from figure it out to fuck it I don't need that quest. I get told to do something by someone in town and generally no issue. But if I meet a random person somewhere, because there are no coordinates and the map is wonky, I'm lucky I remember where they are or even how to get back to them. Its frustrating and a reason why I abandon quite a few quests. Coords would be helpful on the map so I can write them down. I like the notepad so I can write stuff like that down. Makes sense.

The world is beautiful and well crafted. Obviously it glitches out and whatever but I can easily ignore those. I like all the different sayings characters have and the names of weapons and armor along with a little description. I like the idea of only skill levels and not an actual person level makes it interesting and unique. However leveling some things is a pain and can be confusing to figure out. The favor system is nice but some things like low level skills for things shouldn't be favor related. I'll never find enough crap to give the bow guy to get the next level of favor to get the second fetching skill. Buying arrows one at a time sucks. I couldn't seem to find stacks of them. Just the parts.
The random spawns and random loot are neat and fun. A little bit more diversity in what spawns would be nice and I'm sure it will be once the game is further along. Killing pigs and brainbugs is only fun for so long. The graveyard and sewer were fun but without people a difficult time. Maps in those areas would be helpful too.
Overall I've greatly enjoyed my experience and look for more. I want to dive into this world and get lost in it. The exploration and mystery are going to be awesome. I'm an old Asheron's Call and Everquest player and I miss those games, the way they were in the early 2000s, and I want something to bring me back to those days and this looks like it could do that. I look forward to the future. Keep it up Project Gorgon.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action.
You must log in to post or reply.

Suggestions/Review 1 month 3 weeks ago #17803

• Citan
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 785
Thanks for the feedback! Regarding the map, we do plan to do major revisions to the map after the new GUI is in place -- doing work in the current GUI would just have to be redone, so it makes sense to wait. In the short term, however, you might find the "Objective Orienteering" ability useful -- it creates a glowing path toward your objective as long as you're in the right general map-zone. You unlock it by getting Foraging up to level 15.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lovejoyks

overly complicated 1 month 3 weeks ago #17816

• kellyxxx
I just spent a week playing this game, great graphics but overly complicated.So many skills to learn, no real lvl system, and today on the main town I found I can't sell to vendors unless I do favors for them. Are you kidding me??? I just came over from Asherons Call and as you know they are shutting down next month. In that game I loaded up heal kits and went out for hrs then came back to town to sell. I picked the skills I wanted to make my char better, here you need to get so many, a player is lost. People I found want something they can get into fast and go out and have a blast. The few people I talked had the same feeling, to complicated. Another problem I found is camera angle changes as I touched mouse in combat, as there was no way to lock it. Now as this is a game in progress I'm sure that will be fixed. Also when your running up hill the camera does not keep same angle and you find yourself running against something and you get blocked in. As a right handed person it would have been nice to be able to move the attack icons to the right and been able to stretch the chat box. I thank you for the the chance to play for free but this game is not for me.

Suggestions/Review 1 month 3 weeks ago #17834

• phaedris
I just recently started on this game after many years playing Asheron's Call. I just have a minor suggestion that I think would be of help. The dialogue box that pops up when you hover over an item, and when you level up has a dark grey font on a black background. It would really help if you could change the color of the font to something brighter with more contrast, as it is very hard to read. Otherwise, this game is very engaging and I'm having a lot of fun. Thanks! :)