This page includes the five most recent game updates. You are welcome to tidy up the formatting and add wiki links, but please keep any discussion in the Talk pages as these Game updates are meant to be verbatim from the launcher update notes. Game updates can be found on the launcher, or at the following link: http://projectgorgon.com/welcome.txt
If you are returning to the game and want short summaries of what was changed, see Quick Notes.
For information on possible future content, please see Knowledge of the Future.
Hotfix: February 9, 2017
This hotfix addresses a few data bugs in the Feb 7 update.
- - Higher-level loot mods for Archery and Mentalism (and a few other misc mods) are now actually "turned on"
- - George Madler now actually teaches the Blanket recipe
- - Legs teaches the Blanket recipe at favor level "Comfortable", not "Close Friends"
- - Fixed bugs with Shambling Corpses' bleed (kept you in combat periodically, didn't apply out of combat)
- - Addressed scenario where General Pask could have an evil clone
- - Reduced hearing range of some Onkara troopers
- - Loot mod that made Surge Cut grant Armor was causing it to grant Health instead
- - Tweaked stats on Cave Cheese
Click here to return to the Game Updates page.
Patch Notes: February 7, 2017
This snapshot build fixes a number of bugs, including some big ones, and adjusts many other things. Here are the details, in no particular order.
"In Combat" Changes
- - Fixed a bug that kept the client from realizing that you were "in combat" in some cases
- - You are no longer put "in combat" just because a far-away monster has spotted you. (But if you are within their attack range, you are.)
- - Monsters that run to help their friends have a much smaller time window where they keep you "in combat" automatically. If they can't find and engage you within about 8 seconds, they stop keeping you "in combat". (Of course, when they finally reach you and attack, you'll be put back "in combat" again.)
- - Tweaked logic for stationary enemies (such as glyphs, turrets, etc.) so that you don't stay permanently "in combat" if you move out of their attack radius
- - Monsters in lower-level outdoor zones have reduced detection radius
- - Deer now have a lower detection radius regardless of the zone they occur in.
Cold-Weather Related Changes
- - The "ever-burn campfires" in Kur Mountains now last much longer when fed lumber. Instead of gaining 10/15/30 minutes of fuel per oak/maple/cedar wood, they now gain 45 mins/2 hours/3.5 hours/5 hours per oak/maple/cedar/spruce wood. This should make it more plausible for good Samaritans (or community-oriented guilds, perhaps) to keep the campfires burning.
- - Added an ever-burn campfire at the entrance to Kur Mountains.
- - When you come in out of the cold, the Body Heat meter continues to be displayed until you reach Max Body Heat.
- - George Madler and Legs both teach the recipe for Simple Blankets. This is a level 12 Textile recipe.
- - Blankets now cure hypothermia and frostbite as well as restoring body heat.
- - Blankets that are randomly found in Old Prestonbule are now "Arisetsu Blankets", and Rick Snapley's favor to obtain blankets now requires those Arisetsu Blankets. (If the task disappeared from your quest journal, you may need to re-obtain it from Rick Snapley.)
- - Archery treasure has higher levels available.
- - Shield treasure has higher levels available.
- - Animal Handling gear has higher levels available.
- - Hammer skill has now bonus levels available. They are granted at: Blacksmithing 20, Carpentry 35, Mining 20, Mining 45, Toolcrafting 25. There will be many more bonus levels in the future, but for now these make it possible to obtain the level 72 Hammer ability "Reckless Slam 8" and the level 73 ability "Seismic Impact 7".
- - There is now only one version of Alravesa the All-Hunter. She lives in Ilmari for now
- - You can no longer use Crossbow abilities without a crossbow equipped. We mean it this time!
- - For Knife abilities that need the target to be focused on someone else, mezzed enemies no longer count as being focused on anybody. This allows mez+backstab to work, for instance.
- - Level 70 throwing knife abilities now use Astounding Knives instead of Amazing Knives.
- - Crafting recipes for level 70 staves and clubs require an extra piece of Spruce wood.
- - The recipe for "Laressa's Cheese" now yields Sweet Whey instead of Whey, and it is taught by Braigon instead of Laura Neth.
- - Haerel cheese now requires whey (not sweet whey) to craft.
- - The recipe for Astounding First Aid Kit now creates an astounding first aid kit, instead of 2x amazing first aid kits.
- - The Fishing skill now sends you to Rugen in Rahu for level 60 training. Removed reference to level 70 Fishing; it doesn't exist yet.
- - George Madler sells the recipe for Basic Spider Silk, because it's now useful for more than just spider armor.
- - When using redwall crystals (sorry, "rubywall crystals") to craft high-level gear, the cash value of the resulting items are now much lower. This does not affect existing items.
- - Tier 3-7 snail gauntlets (max enchanted) were easier to craft than intended.
- - Rats throughout the world have run out of Mild Cheddar Cheese! They are now making do with a new cheese, Cave Cheese
- - Raw fruit now gives slightly better out-of-combat regeneration, making it more useful as a backup food for newbies.
- - All cooked foods and drinks now give slightly more Power regeneration. This is most noticeable for newbie-level cooked foods.
- - Snack foods now benefit from Gourmand bonuses (and earn Gourmand XP when first eaten) just like Meal foods do.
Many alchemy potions have had their duration or potency adjusted upwards. For instance, most 15-minute Alchemy potions now last for 1 hour instead. Specific notes:
- - Max-Health-Boosting alchemy recipes (e.g. Pick-Me-Up Juice, Make-Me-Strong Juice, etc.) last an hour.
- - Cranium Lotions last an hour.
- - Fire, Poison, Cold, Electricity, etc. Resistance Potions last an hour.
- - Fire Shield Potion and Acid Shield Potion last an hour.
- - Memory Inhibiting potions last 2 hours.
- - Persona Minimizer/Reducer potions last an hour.
- - Antivenom now cures up to 3 stacks of poison, and Strong Antivenom cures up to 5 (still with their original max-poison-potency caps).
- - Bleeding/Agonizing Speed potions last 5 minutes and no longer have a poison DoT (but still increase in-combat sprint cost).
- - Acid/Poison Boost Potions last 30 minutes.
- - Rage Inhibitor potions last 30 minutes.
- - Coldbite, Coldgnaw, and Coldrend potions boost Cold Damage by 10%, 15%, and 20%, respectively.
- - Ferocity Juice lasts 30 minutes.
- - Sanguinizer and Blood Seeker Ointment last 30 minutes.
- - Wolfen Speed potions last 15 minutes.
- - Thunderclap Potion boosts by +15 instead of +10.
- - Dirt Shield potion lasts 60 minutes.
- - Stoneskin potions last 30 minutes.
- - A few more gear mods that had significantly more healing power (than intended) were nerfed. For instance, "Reinforce restores +132 armor and Shield Team restores 66 armor" now restores 81/44 armor. That's easily the most dramatic one.
- - The archery gear mod "Poison Arrow boosts Poison Damage +X% for 10 seconds" also accidentally boosted the damage of Poison Arrow directly.
- - Reduced the potency of gear mod "Elemental Ward mitigates X% of all Poison damage for 10 seconds".
- - Fixed bug with pig gear mods that have "Target ignores you for X seconds, or until you attack it again".
- - Unarmed gear mods that automatically absorb damage now require you to actually be using the Unarmed skill.
Other Changes / Fixes
- - Fixed a bug that caused some players to need to wait for much longer than 3 hours in animal form before Animal Town animals would talk to them.
- - General Pask's loot has been nerfed to reflect that he is not really a boss (he doesn't even have a curse). We will give him a curse (and better loot) in the future, when he is in an environment that isn't as easy to exploit.
- - Onkara Super Soldiers and Onkara War Troopers have reduced loot and adjustments to spawn rates and movement behavior.
- - If you are in Hardcore mode, your items no longer break if you die from any of these causes: "Fell from great height", "Fell from small height", "Smote by Admin", "Fell off the world", or "Unknown Cause of Death". Previously, this only applied to "Fell off the world", but those other types are often unavoidable deaths (especially during Alpha, where you can "fall from a great height" if you get stuck in the geometry), so it seemed unfair to overly punish hardcore players for them.
- - Monsters now hate it slightly more when you heal the enemies they are trying to kill.
- - The mysterious illness from glowing crystals now causes untyped damage (instead of Darkness damage).
- - You can no longer stack Words of Power that increase combat xp.
- - Fixed a bug that caused rotflowers to stop spawning during the South Serbule druid event.
- - Animals that can drop Tufts of Fur as loot now do so a bit more often.
- - Skeleton Darkweavers could not attack. They can now.
- - Chomp Vines in some Gazluk caves could not be attacked.
- - Fixed all cow hats.
- - The second level of the dungeon under the hand is no longer pitch black.
- - Female fairies no longer have creepy, totally white heads.
- - Feral Bulls in Eltibule no longer have weird shiny black-colored undersides.
- - Ravens have their missing tail feathers back.
- - Corrected day/night lighting issue in Kur Mountains.
- - Fixed some (but not all) places where you can get stuck in the geometry in Gazluk caves
Click here to return to the Game Updates page.
January 23 Hotfix
- - Ability and item tooltips did not reflect changes made by active effects.
- - For abilities with gear that slowed down their reset times, the correct reset time was not reflected in the client, making the abilities seem to not work sometimes. (The server was refusing, because the reuse timer wasn't actually up yet.)
- - Raising Cheesemaking to 60 no longer requires Cheesemaking level 60 to unlock.
- - Raising Psychology to 70 no longer requires Psychology level 70 to unlock.
- - A second copy of Alvaresa the All-Hunter is available in Rahu to unlock level 61-70 Archery. She shares favor with the Alvaresa in Amulna, but only the one in Rahu can unlock those skill levels. (We'll be back to one Alvaresa soon, don't worry.)
- - If you unlocked Carpentry, Fletching, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Tailoring, or Toolcrafting, the skill did not show up properly and could not gain XP. This is now fixed. If you already unlocked the skill, you do not have to pay to unlock the skill again.
- - The XP table for Armor Patching was messed up, making it often impossible to earn XP in the skill.
- - Using Crossbow abilities now requires you to actually have a crossbow equipped. (Note that Crossbow is an aux-combat skill, like First Aid, and so its abilities go on the sidebar only.)
- - First Aid abilities now display the correct percentage-chance to lose the kit (10%, generally, not 33%).
- - First Aid 7 now restores 175 hp, not 715 hp.
- - Patch Armor abilities now display the correct percentage-chance to lose the kit (10%, not 33%).
- - All the new high-level shield skills have been tweaked to be better than the lower level versions.
- - Disrupting Bash 6 and 7 now reduce Rage further.
- - Quick Bash 6, 7, and 8 provide more Accuracy than Quick Bash 5.
- - Lower-level versions of Take The Lead had wrong info about how much they boosted speed and taunt. The descriptions now match what they actually do.
- - All levels of Fire Shield are better.
- - Pig's Frenzy 6 is now better than Frenzy 5.
- - Fire Magic Research 65 incorrectly said you could learn 6 spells from it, but it only teaches 5. Now correctly says 5.
- - Jara no longer has a favor requirement to teach Spruce Dowels. (This NPC's favor setup is borked, so all things are currently favor Neutral. They will require higher Favor soon, when it's more plausible to GET higher favor.)
- - Blankets found as loot no longer have "Take Liquid" as their action verb. (Now they are just "Take".)
- - Some of Ukorga's new recipes were incorrectly labeled as coat recipes, but were for other body parts when purchased.
- - Players have reported that some cave entrances in Gazluk are difficult or impossible to select. For now, we've spawned a portal next to each cave entrance which will teleport you into the cave.
Click here to return to the Game Updates page.
Jan 22 Update
NOTE: If you get an error in the launcher, don't worry, it's just temporary due to the large number of downloaders right now. Please wait a bit and restart the launcher! When you restart, it will automatically remember the progress you'd made.
- A new high-level zone is available! Gazluk can be reached via a portal in Kur - look for the portal in the northeast corner of the map, where the werewolf-infested woods transition to mountains.
- Note that this is just the "bones" of Gazluk, with many more elements planned. Most of the planned caves are already accessible, although most just have basic content (monsters, some loot spawns, some solo-dungeon chests, etc.) The Orcish city, Gazluk City, is accessible, but the major group dungeon there is not yet ready.
- Gazluk itself is a bit colder than Kur, so if Kur is too dangerous for you, Gazluk definitely is!
Skill Cap Increases
The following skills can now be raised to level 70. In addition, treasure can be found for the combat skills in this list with up to level 70 loot mods.
- Battle Chemistry
- Mox Warcut in Gazluk
- Kodan in Animal Town, or Falkrin Overstrike in Amulna
- Amutasa in Rahu
- Lamashu in Kur Mountains
- Fire Magic
- Sand Seer in Amulna
- Sirine in Rahu
- Altar of Norala during the full moon
- Rohina in Sun Vale
- Daniel Murderdark in Rahu
- Nissim in Amulna
- Roshun the Traitor outside Serbule
- Survival Instincts
- Sanja in Kur Mountains
- Janet Lews in Kur Mountains
- Sirine in Rahu
- Amutasa in Rahu
- Furlak in Rahu
The following skills can be raised to level 70. However, due to time limitations, some of their loot mods do not yet scale to level 70. These skills can still get good loot, but not all of their gear mods scale to the highest loot-tiers yet.
- Animal Handling
- Gisli in Serbule (for now, until the Rahu NPC is ready)
- Alravesa the All-Hunter in Rahu
- Raul in Animal Town
- Jumper in Animal Town
- Lady Windsong in Rahu
- Giant Bat
- Yavazek in animal town
- Falkrin Overstrike in Amulna
- Ice Magic
- Ichin the Ice Master in Rahu
- Rick Snapley in Gazluk
- Norbert in Animal Town
- Sir Johnson in Amulna
- Legs in Animal Town
In addition, the following skills can now be raised to level 60:
- Rugen in Rahu (for now, until the Fishing NPC in Rahu is ready)
- Bellema Deftwhisper in Gazluk
- Braigon in Eltibule
- In addition, various trainer NPCs have higher-level versions of the abilities that they teach. For instance, Hogan now teaches higher-level versions of Heed the Stick and Phoenix Strike. So check with your trainer!
- Similarly, many recipes now have higher tiers as well; they are learned from the same person that sold the last-highest tier. E.g. the person that taught you Spore Bomb 5 can now teach you Spore Bomb 6.
Other training notes/changes:
- A few high-level werewolf combat abilities are now found as random loot scrolls. In addition, Sanja in Kur has one of them. The rest are learned from the altar during the full moon.
- The battle chemistry mutation "Extra Heart" was trainable from the NPC Zealo, and also from the Chemistry Placeholder NPC - the difference being that Zealo did not have the Pathology prerequisites, but did have Favor prerequisites. Zealo is now the only trainer for the ability, and has only Favor prerequisites. (Which means this is a nerf to the usefulness of Pathology!)
- Added a few missing levels of abilities for Spider in the 51-60 range: Terrifying Bite 4, Incubate 4, and Web Trap 2. They can be learned from Legs in Animal Town. Terrifying Bite 3 is learned automatically at 49.
- Elahil now trains the Fletching recipes separately from the Archery abilities that use them. This allows one to become proficient in fletching without being an archer, or vice versa.
- Flia no longer teaches the knife abilities Poisoner's Cut or Hamstring Throw. These are taught by Rick Snapley in Gazluk. (Flia still teaches the other knife techniques she previously taught: Surprise Throw, Backstab, Fan of Blades.)
- Training for the level 1 Word of Power recipe is now available from Velkort instead of Elahil.
- The Wombat in Sun Vale can now teach carpenters how to make crafted Clubs.
- Higher-level recipes for crafted cow shoes and deer shoes are now taught by Falkrin Overstrike in Amulna, not Sirine in Rahu.
- Previously, the recipes for Evasion Armor (leatherworking) and Camouflaged Armor (tailoring) mostly dropped as loot scrolls, but a few of the levels were taught by trainers. These recipes are now ALL learned from loot scrolls.
- The recipe-scrolls for Evasion and Camouflaged armor now teach both the regular and the Max-Enchanted versions of those recipes. (Previously, these came on different scrolls.)
- The "regular" tailoring clothing, e.g. "nice cloth shirt", was (and still is) taught by a trainer. However, the Max-Enchanted versions had to be found on loot scrolls. These recipes are now ALL taught by trainers.
- There are now fewer recipe scrolls to be found in loot (since the regular and Max-Enchanted versions are now always found together). The ones that are now obsolete are marked as "OBSOLETE RECIPE BOOK". They should be sold to an unsuspecting vendor NPC, because they will soon cease to exist.
Other ability & mod changes:
- Some abilities received double-benefit from treasure mods that boosted certain things. These abilities have been fixed:
- -- Bodyslam benefitted 2x as much as listed from effects that boost Epic Attack Damage (by a flat amount).
- -- Werewolf Claw benefitted 2x as much as listed from effects that boost Basic Attack Damage (by a flat amount).
- -- You Were Adopted benefitted 2x as much as listed from effects that boost Epic Attack Damage (by a percentage).
- -- Backstab benefitted 2x as much as listed from effects that boost Epic Attack Damage (by a flat amount).
- Added a new alchemy recipe for a Swimming Potion that boosts your underwater speed. It's a level 40 alchemy recipe and it drops from level 50-ish monsters. (The same monsters that can drop the recipe for Mercury.)
- The animal handling ability Get It Off Me did not correctly give the pet Piercing Mitigation as indicated. (It did give Crushing and Slashing mitigation.)
- The ability description of Fire Arrow indicated it did half as much fire dot damage as it actually does.
- Battle Chemistry has a new ability, Toxic Irritant. This is a basic attack. Low-level versions are learned automatically (starting at level 5); higher-level versions can currently be trained from the chemistry placeholder NPC.
- A couple of Battle Chemistry gear mods had to be moved to new slots. Existing gear with those mods will have become Legacy because they now have an invalid mod. There is a golem in : Serbule that will replace Legacy gear with new items. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- The mutation "Knee Spikes" now does percentage damage instead of flat damage. Also, this damage now correctly shows up in ability tooltips.
- The mutation "Extra Skin" now has more direct mitigation.
- The mutation "Extra Heart" now restores more Power.
- The mutation "Extra Toes" is now an out-of-combat sprint boost only.
- The ability "Healing Injection" no longer dispels the target's mutation.
- The carpentry combat ability "Stake The Heart" has been rewritten. In addition to doing damage to any target, it now stuns corporeal undead. Reuse time is 30 seconds; power costs are reduced.
- Higher-level versions of Brambleskin deal more reflect damage to melee attackers.
- Toxinball deals much more poison damage (but slightly less direct damage).
- The hammer ability Rib Shatter does more damage over time at all levels.
- Higher-level versions of Adrenaline Wave now add percentage damage instead of flat damage.
- Higher-level versions of Pain Bubble have higher max-damage caps before prematurely expiring.
- Some of the recipes for spore bombs were tweaked to create more bombs.
- The psychology mod "Mock deals +125% damage and taunts +500, but reuse timer is +2 seconds" was set for level 25 instead of level 60, making it more powerful than intended for its level (and making the mod unavailable above about level 35). The existing level 25 mod is now statted for level 25, and new levels of the mod are added up through 60+.
- The psychology mod "Soothe further reduces target's Rage by X": the value of X was adjusted at some levels to fix data errors.
- The psychology mod "Tell me about your mother boosts your Epic Attack Damage and reduces Epic Attack Power Cost" was adjusted to fix data errors.
- The staff mod "Suppress and Heed the Stick have +30 Accuracy" was scaled for level 60 but the level req was only 25, making it more powerful than intended for its level (and making the mod unavailable above about level 35). The existing level 25 mod is now statted for level 25, and new levels of the mod are added up through 60+.
- The staff mod that gives the combo "Combo: Suppression Stun" was incorrectly AoE-stunning. It is supposed to be a single-target effect, as described in the effect description.
- Shamanic Infusion was using the wrong XP table; it is now much easier to raise the later levels of the skill.
- Spider's "Spit Acid" ability now has more potent and faster-acting acid.
- The unarmed mod "Cobra Strike and Mamba Strike boost your Nice Attack and Signature Debuff Damage +X for 7 seconds" was applying that buff permanently.
- Claw Barrage (a variant of Barrage) was not affected by treasure mods that changed the reset time of Barrage.
- Reduced the chances of lower-level First Aid abilities consuming the first aid kit from 33% down to 10%, but raised the Power cost a bit.
- The Yetiskin ability now has only a 25% chance of consuming the reagent, instead of 100%.
- Reduced the chances of Patch Armor abilities consuming the armor repair kit from 33% down to 10%, but raised the Power cost a bit.
- You now learn Patch Armor 6 automatically upon reaching level 50 in Armor Repair. (If you are already at level 50 or above, the ability will be in your miscellaneous abilities list already.)
- Raising the Endurance skill grants more Max Breath than before.
- The Survival Instincts ability Toxic Flesh deals more poison damage to melee attackers.
- Fixed formulaic bugs in numerous treasure mods. Most important is that some health/power/armor restoration mods were more powerful than intended. Due to the formulaic nature of the change, we don't have a handy list, but the changes were mostly small.
Random other things:
- If you've purchased storage from the Altar of Norala, it will now be available even when the moon isn't full.
- Ukorga now sells recipes for an entire suit of cold-weather gear (not just the coat as he did before). This matching set of leather armor offers significant bonuses against cold weather.
- "Universal Mitigation" and "Universal Indirect Mitigation" (but NOT "Universal Direct Mitigation") now help protect you from cold weather effects, in the same way that Cold : Mitigation and Indirect Cold Mitigation already did.
- Campfires can no longer be deployed underwater.
- Mountain Sheep (but not low-level 'Valley Sheep') now always drop at least 1 wool, and can drop up to 3. In addition, their 'bonus skin' (when skinning their corpses) is also wool.
- Erroneous lore references to "Gazleb" have been changed to "Gazluk".
- Fixed a bug in the Druid event in the Ilmari desert that caused the desert watchers to despawn after 15 minutes, leaving only a handful of remaining desert watchers alive.
- Improved the displayed status info on sacrificial chests during the rotflower druid event.
- The legacy-item-replacement-golem no longer gives 5x replacements for certain types of legacy items that had been given special treatment in recent updates. (The golem now gives 1 replacement for any legacy item.)
- The creatures known as "Garden Tenders" and their cousin-creatures, "Sand Dogs", are now categorized as Dinosaurs instead of as Arthropods.
- Animals, especially carnivores, can now occasionally drop jewelry.
- The recipe for spicy chicken no longer requires deadly Iocaine Mushrooms.
- The recipe for Cedar Wood Chips gives 2 piles of chips per log.
- Ingredients for a few crafted-gear recipes were tweaked slightly (e.g. replacing cabbage with beets, replacing cotton thread with wool).
- A few kinds of food now have a 3D graphical representation. (Most prominently, chicken dishes look like a plate of chicken; a few bread dishes, like Banana Bread, look like bread on a plate.)
- Werewolf barding can be dyed with the Dye Metal Armor recipes. (Thanks to user BetaNotus for helping with the dye maps!)
- Cow barding can be dyed with the new Dye Organic Armor recipes. The organic dye recipes can be learned from Trekker in Gazluk. (Thanks to user Betanotus for helping with the dye maps for the armor!)
- Fixed a number of graphical armor glitches, including:
- -- Newbie rags that made your skin visible when you ran.
- -- The see-through helm on werewolf barding.
- -- Cows clipping through cow barding.
- -- See-thru arms on snail armor (and other armors that use the same model).
- Updated the "incorrect coordinates" possibilities when giving the coordinates to Elmetaph on the newbie island, to include some new destinations.
- The fae race no longer shows up in the character-creation screen (as it is not ready yet)
- The "always run" checkbox now defaults to On for new installations. (I coulda sworn we'd already done that...)
Click here to return to the Game Updates page.
December 19 Hotfix
- This update fixes some problems in Saturday's snapshot build, as well as fixing some other bugs that we hadn't gotten to yet.
Cold Weather/Campfire Fixes
- - For animal players, Spot in Sun Vale's Animal Town can teach you how to make campfires via a method that doesn't require carpentry. (Creating campfires in this way requires Foraging 5 for the emergency fire and Foraging 20 for the campfire.)
- - Campfires made via the traditional method require 1 less Wood than before
- - Campfires no longer stay on the landscape forever if you log out before they expire (!)
- - Fixed bug that kept your Body Heat from rising above 60, even if you had boosted your Max Body Heat above 60 points (!)
- - Only some kinds of health/power regeneration were being disabled by Hypothermia
- - Hypothermia damage now bypasses armor as the effect description indicated
- - In addition to Cold Mitigation helping protect your body heat in Kur, reducing your Cold Vulnerability now also helps protect your body heat. Reducing your Cold Vulnerability (or Indirect Cold Vulnerability) by 5% is equivalent to having 1 extra point of Indirect Cold Mitigation. So abilities that reduce your vulnerability to 0, such as Elemental Ward, give you the same body-heat protection as 20 points of Cold Mitigation. (And this stacks with your Cold Mitigation.)
- - Note that monster debuffs that make you more vulnerable to cold now also make you more susceptible to heat loss (this is a side-effect of the above change)
- To help you test, here's some more explanation about how body-heat works:
- - Every second that you're in the cold, there is a RANDOM chance that you'll lose body heat. The more indirect cold mitigation (and now, the less indirect Cold Vulnerability) you have, the lower the chance. Because it's random, it can be unpredictably streaky.
- - Without any mitigation, you have a 50% chance to lose 1 body heat every second. Every point of cold mitigation reduces that chance by 3%. So 10 points of cold mitigation reduce the chance down to 20%, meaning that on average, your base 60 body heat will last 5-ish minutes.
- - Being partially in icy water increases the chance to lose body heat. Being fully submerged in ice water drops your body heat VERY fast.
- - In the old system, it mattered if you were in combat or not, but it doesn't matter anymore. You lose body heat at the same rate either way.
- - You always get Frostbite right when your Body Heat reaches 0. If it stays at 0 for long, you also get Hypothermia, which is typically fatal. You can't get rid of either of these conditions without getting warm at a fire.
- - Use campfires (there are some on the landscape, and you can craft your own) to restore all your heat and remove all ill effects from cold.
- - Raising your Max Body Heat can substantially increase the time you can spend outside. (This was bugged until the hotfix.)
Ability/Loot Mod Fixes
- - Added several very low-potency mods ("Max Breath Underwater +1 second", "Max Power +3", "Max Health +5", "Inventory Space +1") so that newbie items that happen to be Epic or Legendary will always have enough mods to pick from
- - Added higher-level tiers of some of those newbie mods. These are EXTREMELY unlikely to show up on normal loot, but they act as "emergency fallback mods" -- when your item/skills/level combination doesn't have enough available mods to fill out an item, and the system has already run out of "good" generic mods, these crappy generic mods will get used as backup. (This should, theoretically, fix all remaining causes of "pre-legacy" gear.)
- - Unarmed mods that claimed to absorb damage and reflect it into punches or kicks did not absorb damage, only reflected it. They now absorb the damage as well as reflecting it into punches/kicks, and a note is added to Punch or Kick's tooltip to indicate that it's active
- - The staff mod "Pin causes target's attacks to deal -35% damage for 5 seconds" debuffed the player instead of the target
- - The werewolf mod "Skulk boosts the damage of your Core and Nice Attacks +X for 30 seconds" only worked if you had Fire Magic on your second bar
- - The werewolf ability Skulk did not correctly make you harder for monsters to detect, and the damage boost was off by a small amount
- - Abilities that boost your next attack no longer turn off if the next ability you use is a heal or other harmless ability, since those are not attacks
- - Changed how dragging items around in your inventory works. Instead of swapping the item with the one you dragged onto, it inserts it ahead of that item. This seems to be more intuitive. (This change was actually in the previous update but got left out of the patch notes.)
- - Dying by drowning did not show up correctly in the "Ways I've Died" skill report; they were being recorded as "unknown cause of death".
- - The negative effects of Pineal Juice withdrawal (and dependence) were MUCH more punitive than indicated on the effect icon's description, basically making you unable to play until it wore off. The effects now match description
These known issues still apply:
- - Oops! A development version of the Fae race was accidentally included in this snapshot's character-creation screen. It doesn't work yet! (And the art shown there is not finalized.)
- - You can create campfires underwater
Click here to return to the Game Updates page.