Growing things in a garden: herbs, food, and flowers.
Gardening is a trade skill that allows to grow plants: fruits, flowers, vegetables. The plants can be used in other trade skills and sometimes as quest objectives (ie. collect flowers).
- Cooking for Food Buffs that require vegetables
- Nature Appreciation Grow your own Flowers
- Textile Creation Grow your own Cotton
Locations that allow gardening can usually be distinguished by the row of vegetables and cabbage on the ground.
- Sie Antry's homestead (Jesina and water are nearby)
- A small garden plot near an abandoned house just outside of Eltibule Keep
Note: Green and Red Peppers require 2 Water, 2 Fertilizer, and yield 2 Peppers each.
|Seeds||Level||Gardening XP||Grow Time||Location||Value||Profit||Needs Fertilizer|
|Potato Seedling||0||30||50s||Can be purchased from Therese, Jesina, or Kelim.||5||-2||No|
|Onion Seedling||5||70||50s||Can be purchased from Therese, Jesina, or Kelim.||6||-4||No|
|Cabbage Leafling||10||150||55s||Can be purchased from Therese, Jesina, or Kelim.||8||8||Yes|
|Beet Seedling||20||350||1m 5s||Can be purchased from Therese, Jesina, or Kelim.||10||10||Yes|
|Squash Seedling||30||400||2m 50s||Can be purchased from Therese (with favor), Jesina, or Kelim.||13||27||Yes|
|Broccoli Seedling||40||600||2m 55s||Can be purchased from Therese (with favor) or Kelim.||15||30||Yes|
|Carrot Seedling||50||750||2m 55s||Can be purchased from Therese (with favor) or Kelim.||18||22||Yes|
|Green Pepper Seeds||55||???||4m 5s||Can be purchased from Kelim. (with favor)||25||25||2|
|Red Pepper Seeds||60||???||??||Can be purchased from Kelim. (with favor)||30||30||2|
|Seeds||Level||Gardening XP (Base)||Grow Time||Location||Value||Profit||Needs Fertilizer|
|Bluebell Seeds||3||45||1m 10s||Found in Serbule and Eltibule, Myconian Cave drop.||5||15||Yes|
|Red Aster Seeds||10||150||1m 30s||Found in Serbule and Eltibule.||6||24||Yes|
|Violet Seeds||15||225||1m 50s||Found in Eltibule.||7||33||Yes|
|Dahlia Seeds||20||300||2m 0s||Found in Eltibule.||8||48||Yes|
|Daisy Seeds||25||325||2m 10s||Found in Eltibule and Sun Vale.||9||51||Yes|
|Pansy Seeds||30||450||2m 20s||Found in Sun Vale.||10||60||Yes|
|Marigold Seeds||35||525||2m 30s||Found in Sun Vale.||11||69||Yes|
|Poppy Seeds||40||600||2m 40s||Found in Sun Vale.||12||78||Yes|
|Red Rose Seeds||45||675||3m 40s||Random drop in Kur||13||87||Yes|
|Elven Lily Seeds||50||750||3m 0s||Random drop from level 40-60 enemies.||14||96||Yes|
|Winterhue Seeds||55||825||3m 10s||Found in Kur Mountains.||15||110||Yes|
|Desert Rose Seeds||60||???||??||Found in Ilmari.||16||134||Yes|
|Seeds||Level||Gardening XP (Base)||Grow Time||Location||Value||Profit|
|Cotton||35||250||2m 30s||Found in Eltibule.||3||3||Yes|
|Pumpkin Seedling||50||??||2m 50s||Halloween Event||20||60||Yes|
Click "Expand" on the box below to view a complete list of Recipes for the Gardening skill.
|5||Basic Fertilizer (from Dirt)||30||100|| Bottle of Water x3
Strange Dirt x1
|Bottle of Fertilizer x3||Prepare basic fertilizer, suitable for fertilizing simple flowers and some vegetables. Creates three doses.|
|8||Basic Fertilizer (from Bone)||30||100|| Bottle of Water x3
Bone Meal x9
|Bottle of Fertilizer x3||An alternate way to create basic fertilizer that uses a whole bunch of bone meal as the key ingredient. Creates three doses.|
|40||Basic Fertilizer (from Rotten Meat)||100||400|| Bottle of Water x3
Rotten Meat x2
|Bottle of Fertilizer x3||An alternate way to create basic fertilizer that uses rotten meat as the key ingredient. Creates three doses.|
|20||+1 to Foraging|
|30||+1 to Cooking|
|40||+1 to Nature Appreciation|
|45||+1 to Pig|
|50||+1 to Foraging|
|55||+1 to Nature Appreciation|
|60||+1 to Mycology|
- Basic plants usually require a Bottle of Water to be grown, while higher level ones require a Bottle of Fertilizer.
- Seeds can be bought from NPCs such as Therese, and often drops from creatures (for example Panthers in Eltibule).
- To plant a seed simply right-click the seeds in your inventory. You must be in a gardening area.
- Note that seeds are also prized as a gift for Hulon.
- Most seeds can be collected randomly by looting corpses.
- You can plant 2 seeds of every Vegetable, 3 of any combination of Flowers, and 5 Cotton in total (at the same time).
- Empty Bottles are returned to your inventory after utilizing a Fertilizer.
- Empty Bottles are returned to your inventory after utilizing a Bottle of Water.
- It is not necessary to buy a Bottle of Water from Therese after the initial investment. Full bottles cost 100 gold, but refilling bottles at the well in the middle of Serbule town is free.
- Having the Performance Appreciation buff active while gardening will increase the experience gained for each plant harvested.
- Playing an instrument or standing in the proximity of someone playing one while gardening will also randomly yield more harvest. You will be prompted when this effect takes place.
NPCs & Recipes
- The recipe for Bottle of Fertilizer can be bought from Therese. That recipe takes one Strange Dirt.
- After gaining favor with her to Friend, she will also sell a followup recipe how to make Fertilizer from Bone Meal. At Close Friends Therese will teach you a recipe how to make Bone Meal from Femurs.
- After gaining favor with him to Best Friend, Kelim will also sell a recipe how to make Recipe: Basic Fertilizer (from Rotten Meat).