Items appear to come in different "qualities". Note this may still change a lot during alpha.
Currently in Alpha, Project: Gorgon's loot mechanics have similarities to ARPGs. There seems to be few "set" items with fixed properties, associated with a specific dungeon or boss. Instead, high tier items have largely random mods that could be anywhere from a "bad roll" to an "amazing item".
As can be seen on the illustration, the properties on higher tier items can make a dramatic difference to your character's potential depending which skills you specialize in, from increasing damage output, to the resilience of your pets, lowering the cost of your spells, and even increase your Sprint speed!
|Common||Those are common, basic items.|
|Uncommon||One extra power, chosen as appropriate for the difficulty of the monsters.|
When a creature is slain, a special effect and distinctive sound indicates that there is Rare, Epic or Legendary loot on them. 0 For a full list of treasure effects, check List of Treasure Effects.
Finding loot in Project: Gorgon is exciting because the game uses a "random treasure" system which is more commonly found in ARPG games. Players can occasionally strike gold with an amazing, game-balance-destroying item every now and again.
For instance, if you’re an Unarmed fighter, you’ll love gauntlets that make your Punch attack heal you. You punch a lot, so that’s a huge power boost and very noticeable. On the other hand, you may prefer gauntlets that cause your Punch to do extra damage, or that cause your Cobra Strike to stun more reliably. But an amazing pair of gauntlets would do all three things.
Augments come in levels. For instance, the first tier of Health-Enchantment gives you +5 max health. The next tier gives you +10 health. And so on.
Here are a few examples of augments currently found in alpha:
- <ability> attacks heals you for 120
- <ability> causes your Sprint speed to increase by 10 for 10 seconds
- <ability> also restores 30 armor to you
- <ability> removes ongoing Poison effects (up to 30 dmg/sec)
- "In October 2016, the dev. changed the gear system to make single skill gear legacy. Now gear is two skill gear or one skill with generics."
All augments, flat or percent damage increase, stack. Augments with a chance to proc each roll their chances and may proc separately.
Lucky Belts attune the random-treasure system to specific skills. Be sure to wear the proper belt so that the loot you find is much more likely to enhance your choice of primary and secondary skills.
How Skill Augments Apply
Skill augments such as "Scintillating Flame restores 20 Power" work as long as the item is equipped, irrelevant if the item's associated skill is currently in use. So for example if the aforementioned mod was on a Bow, but you do not have "Archery" active, the mod still applies if you have Fire Magic in use.
Gear and Equipment Types
- Main hand
- Off hand
- Orb : Orbs tend to have an augment that reduces the Power Cost of abilities up to -25%
- Bow : Of notice, Critical Damage % that comes with Anatomy skills appear to work only for Bows.
- Belt : Lucky Belts attune the random treasure generation.
- http://www.eldergame.com/2012/05/gorgon-random-treasure/ Gorgon Random Treasure