Mycology

From Project: Gorgon Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
File:Mycology (skill).jpg
Illustration of some kind

Mastery of fungus in all its forms.

Mycology is a skill that is raised by gathering mushrooms. It gives access to a variety of recipes for the creation of Spore Bombs, Potions. Mushrooms are also useful in Cooking and Alchemy recipes.

Mycology is first learned on Anagoge Island by picking mushrooms or piles of dirt off of the ground. The first recipe, Parasol Mushroom Flakes, is learned in the crypt area. The crypt is 50 meters northeast of the southwest corner of the island, through a door which says "Students: KEEP OUT".

Upon entering the crypt, players turn right to find a room with a Records Golem. A piece of paper on the floor is addressed to Proctor Elmetaph, and if the player chooses to study the details they can learn the recipe for a Spore Bomb.

The Spore Bomb is one way to:

Show Spoiler

Recipes can be bought from Mushroom Jack in Serbule town, Voo in the Myconian Cave, Yagreet in Sun Vale (Healing Potion Omega).

Levels 51-60 can be bought from Mox Warcut, in Gazluk

Harvestables[edit]

Nearly every mushroom can be found in the Myconian Cave, so only alternate locations will be listed here.

Mushrooms[edit]

Name Level Location Mycology XP Myconid XP
Strange Dirt 00 Serbule, particularly wilderness areas with pigs.  ??  ??
Parasol Mushrooms 00 In and around Tutorial Cave, Serbule,Serbule Sewers. 10 100
Mycena Mushrooms 05 Serbule Sewers, Southern Serbule, Eltibule. 29
Boletus Mushrooms 10 Eltibule, Myconian Cave (drops frequently from Garden Tenders and Orange Mushroom mobs) 55 600
Field Mushrooms 15 Eltibule, Myconian Cave 96
Blusher Mushrooms 20 Eltibule, Myconian Cave (drops frequently from Garden Tenders and Orange Mushroom mobs) 110
Milk Cap Mushrooms 25 Kur Mountains, Myconian Cave 115
Blood Mushrooms 30 Kur Mountains, Myconian Cave 137
Iocaine Mushrooms 35 Myconian Cave (drops from Coral Mushroom nodes and mob drops), Can drop from Nightmare Monstrosities in Goblin Dungeon
Coral Mushrooms 40 Myconian Cave

How to Learn[edit]

Mycology is usually acquired early on around Anagoge Island by gathering a patch of Parasol Mushrooms. The skill continues to raise afterwards as you gather various kinds of mushrooms. New players will likely encounter higher tiers of Mushrooms first in the town of Serbule. There are a few patches around the barn which will require higher skill level.

Related Skills[edit]


Mycology Complete Ability List[edit]

Click "Expand" on the box below to view a complete list of Abilities for the Mycology skill.

Level Name Description Special Damage Stats Gear Required
2 Spore Bomb 1 Toss a Basic Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. Damage: 24 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 24 Nature
Power Cost: 12
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
None
15 Spore Bomb 2 Toss a Potent Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. Damage: 59 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 59 Nature
Power Cost: 19
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
None
25 Spore Bomb 3 Toss a Deadly Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. Damage: 95 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 95 Nature
Power Cost: 24
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
None
30 Lycanspore Bomb Toss a Lycanspore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. Deals +100 damage over 10 seconds to wolfsbane-vulnerable targets Damage: 116 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 75 Nature
Power Cost: 24
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
None
35 Spore Bomb 4 Toss a Malevolent Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. Damage: 141 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 141 Nature
Power Cost: 29
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
None
45 Spore Bomb 5 Toss a Horrific Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. Damage: 219 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 219 Nature
Power Cost: 30
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
None
60 Spore Bomb 6 Toss a Disastrous Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. Damage: 368 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 368 Nature
Power Cost: 34
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
None
75 Spore Bomb 7 Toss a Nightmarish Spore Bomb to damage nearby enemies. Does extra damage to vulnerable targets. Damage: 529 Nature
Dmg to Vulnerable Targets: 529 Nature
Power Cost: 37
Range: 8
AoE: 9
Cooldown: 10
None

Mycology Complete Recipe List[edit]

Click "Expand" on the box below to view a complete list of Recipes for the Mycology skill.

Lvl Name XP Bonus XP Ingredients Results Description
0 Blusher Mushroom Flakes 80 320 Blusher Mushroom x2
Salt x1
Blusher Mushroom Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flaked Blusher mushrooms.
0 Boletus Mushroom Flakes 40 160 Boletus Mushroom x2
Salt x1
Boletus Mushroom Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flaked Boletus mushrooms.
0 Field Mushroom Flakes 60 240 Field Mushroom x2
Salt x1
Field Mushroom Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flaked field mushrooms.
0 Lycanspore Bomb 33 330 Field Mushroom x2
Perch x1
Strange Dirt x2
Wolfsbane x3
Lycanspore Bomb x3 Concoct an explosive fungal bomb. The bomb is quite deadly to those vulnerable to nature or wolfsbane. This recipe creates three bombs.
0 Mycena Mushroom Flakes 20 80 Mycena Mushroom x2
Salt x1
Mycena Mushroom Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flaked Mycena mushrooms.
0 Parasol Mushroom Flakes 10 40 Parasol Mushroom x2
Salt x1
Parasol Mushroom Flakes x1 Creates a pile of flaked Parasol mushrooms.
0 Parasol Mushroom Smoothie 10 40 Parasol Mushroom Flakes x2
Bottle of Milk x1
Parasol Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste.
2 Basic Spore Bombs 10 100 Parasol Mushroom x2
Strange Dirt x1
Basic Spore Bomb x2 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable.
5 Mycena Mushroom Smoothie 20 80 Mycena Mushroom Flakes x2
Bottle of Milk x1
Mycena Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste.
10 Basic Rennet 40 160 Stomach x1
Mycena Mushroom Suspension x1
Salt x1
Basic Rennet x1 Create a liquidy cheese with large curds. (Requires a stove or fire pit.)

Cheese Type:Fresh
10 Boletus Mushroom Smoothie 40 160 Boletus Mushroom Flakes x2
Bottle of Milk x1
Boletus Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste.
10 Dimensional Folder 40 160 Parasol Mushroom Suspension x1
Potato x1
Dimensional Folder x1
Empty Bottle x1
60% chance to increase maximum inventory size by 1 for an hour. 25% chance to increase maximum inventory size by 3 for an hour. 15% chance to reduce maximum inventory size by 5 for an hour. You can drink this potion multiple times, with stacking effects.
15 Field Mushroom Smoothie 60 240 Field Mushroom Flakes x2
Bottle of Milk x1
Field Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste.
15 Potent Spore Bombs 20 200 Mycena Mushroom x2
Clownfish x1
Strange Dirt x1
Potent Spore Bomb x2 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable.
15 Ruggedizer 60 240 Mycena Mushroom Suspension x1
Basic Fish Scales x1
Ruggedizer x1
Empty Bottle x1
Boosts maximum health by 40 for 30 minutes. Small chance that you will be turned into a pig permanently.
20 Blusher Mushroom Smoothie 80 320 Blusher Mushroom Flakes x2
Bottle of Milk x1
Blusher Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste.
20 Life Or Death Potion 80 320 Blusher Mushroom Suspension x1
Beet x1
Tuft of Fur x1
Life or Death Potion x1 50% chance to restore 200 Health; 50% chance to deal 200 Health damage instead. Best consumed when you have nothing left to lose.
20 Myconutmeg 80 320 Parasol Mushroom Suspension x1
Mycena Mushroom Suspension x1
Cinnamon x1
Myconutmeg x1
Empty Bottle x2
Create a distilled-mushroom drink.
20 Strong Rennet 80 320 Stomach x1
Boletus Mushroom Suspension x1
Salt x1
Strong Rennet x1 Create a spreadable cheese with a sour taste. (Requires a stove or fire pit.)

Cheese Type:Fresh
20 Thunderclap Potion 80 320 Wool x1
Myconian Jelly x1
Thunderclap Potion x1 75% chance to boost Electricity damage by 10 for 15 minutes. 25% chance to ground you, making your Electricity attacks deal 0 damage for 15 minutes.
25 Blood Mushroom Powder 120 480 Blood Mushroom x2
Field Mushroom Flakes x1
Salt x1
Blood Mushroom Powder x1 Creates a pile of powdered Blood mushrooms.
25 Deadly Spore Bombs 30 300 Boletus Mushroom x2
Perch x1
Strange Dirt x1
Deadly Spore Bomb x3 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable.
25 Milk Cap Mushroom Powder 100 400 Milk Cap Mushroom x2
Boletus Mushroom Flakes x1
Salt x1
Milk Cap Mushroom Powder x1 Creates a pile of powdered Milk Cap Mushrooms
25 Milk Cap Mushroom Smoothie 100 400 Milk Cap Mushroom Powder x2
Bottle of Milk x1
Milk Cap Mushroom Smoothie x1 Create a "flavorful" mushroom concoction. Some people have even learned to appreciate the taste.
30 Blood Mushroom Smoothie 160 640 Blood Mushroom Powder x2
Bottle of Milk x1
Blood Mushroom Smoothie x1 Creates a disgusting but healthful mushroom concoction.
30 Coral Mushroom Powder 160 640 Coral Mushroom x2
Blusher Mushroom Flakes x1
Salt x1
Coral Mushroom Powder x1 Creates a pile of powdered Coral mushrooms.
30 Iocaine Powder 160 640 Iocaine Mushroom x2
Blusher Mushroom Flakes x1
Salt x1
Iocaine Powder x2 Creates a pile of powdered iocaine mushroom, an incredibly deadly toxin. It's cut with blusher mushrooms to perfectly mask its taste and odor, making it a deadly food additive.
30 Pungent Rennet 120 480 Stomach x1
Field Mushroom Suspension x1
Salt x1
Pungent Rennet x1 Create a sweet brown cheese made with sour cream. (Requires a stove or fire pit.)

Cheese Type:Whey
35 Coral Mushroom Smoothie 160 640 Coral Mushroom Powder x2
Bottle of Milk x1
Coral Mushroom Smoothie x1 Creates a disgusting but healthful mushroom concoction.
35 Iocaine Practice Dose 200 800 Iocaine Mushroom x2
Milk Cap Mushroom Powder x1
Boletus Mushroom Flakes x1
Salt x1
Iocaine Practice Dose x3 Creates a carefully tuned version of iocaine powder that's designed to make you very ill without killing you outright, allowing the body to build up resistance to the deadly toxin.
35 Malevolent Spore Bombs 40 800 Field Mushroom x4
Pyrite x1
Malevolent Spore Bomb x3 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable.
35 Poisoned Glazed Beets 200 800 Glazed Beets x1
Iocaine Powder x1
Glazed Beets x1 Poisons a beet dish with deadly iocaine powder.
37 Poisoned Banana Bread 225 900 Banana Bread x1
Iocaine Powder x1
Banana Bread x1 Poisons a tasty bread with deadly iocaine powder.
39 Poisoned Apple Juice 250 1000 Apple Juice x1
Iocaine Powder x1
Apple Juice x1 Poisons apple juice with deadly iocaine powder.
40 Groxmax Powder 200 800 Groxmak Mushroom x2
Salt x1
Groxmax Powder x1 Creates a powdered mushroom substance, ready for use in potions.
40 Healing Potion Omega 160 640 Uncrossing Oil x1
Blood Mushroom Suspension x3
Basic Fish Scales x3
Healing Potion Omega x2
Empty Bottle x3
Creates disposable potions that restore 100 Health.
40 Iocaine Milk Smoothie 160 640 Iocaine Powder x2
Milk Cap Mushroom Smoothie x1
Milk Cap Mushroom Smoothie x1 Creates a delicious but deadly mushroom smoothie that happens to look exactly like a Milk Cap Smoothie. Don't confuse them!
41 Poisoned Grilled Chicken 275 1100 Grilled Chicken x1
Iocaine Powder x1
Grilled Chicken x1 Poisons grilled chicken with deadly iocaine powder.
43 Poisoned Fried Banana 300 1200 Fried Banana x1
Iocaine Powder x1
Fried Banana x1 Poisons a tasty dessert with deadly iocaine powder.
45 Horrific Spore Bombs 50 1000 Blusher Mushroom x4
Pyrite x1
Crab Meat x1
Horrific Spore Bomb x3 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable.
45 Poisoned Cheesy Veggie Delight 325 1300 Cheesy Veggie Delight x1
Iocaine Powder x1
Cheesy Veggie Delight x1 Poisons a vegetarian meal with deadly iocaine powder.
47 Poisoned Crab Roll 350 1400 Crab Roll x1
Iocaine Powder x1
Crab Roll x1 Poisons a crab roll with deadly iocaine powder.
55 Disastrous Spore Bombs 50 1000 Groxmak Mushroom x4
Deer Guts x1
Disastrous Spore Bomb x3 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable.
70 Nightmarish Spore Bombs 50 1000 Black Foot Morel x4
Rabbit's Foot x1
Nightmarish Spore Bomb x3 Concoct explosive fungal bombs. The result is dangerous to most creatures, but especially to those that are momentarily Vulnerable.

Mycology Level Up Rewards[edit]

Level Reward
10 +1 to Alchemy
20 +1 to Pig
40 +1 to Alchemy
50 +1 to Pig